The Studio Kitchen's 28 Day Paleo Program - Food for 2 delivered (Days 1-7)

Day 1

My cousin got married yesterday so we had a big wedding celebration. I totally indulged in grandmas homemade cake and Mexican Wedding Cookies Saturday night. Since the wedding festivities were on the other side of town from where we live, we stayed with friends Saturday night.
I packed my food when I left Saturday morning so that everything I needed for breakfast, lunch and dinner on Sunday was with me. I woke up Sunday morning, my Godson made me coffee. I drink it black with a splash of almond milk anyways, and that is how this plan suggests drinking coffee or tea, so that worked out. I baked this Sausage Quiche with Butternut Squash in the oven as directed and it came out great. We ran to the dog park and played outside while this baked. I love breakfast and loved having this hearty warm meal to start my Sunday. 

*Pro Tip- If you use MyFitnessPal to track what you eat, you can find these meals in the food database.

My social calendar is a bit ridiculous at times. I tend to schedule and over schedule myself back to back so that I can make time for everyone and do everything I want. I don't say no often. After an already full weekend, we kept the party going by heading over to a football watching party. They had all the usual party foods, queso, fruit tray, veggie tray, and mounds of chicken, sausage, and brisket. Since I planned ahead and am staying committed to this plan, I heated up Bacon Meatloaf made with Grass Fed Beef and the Herbed Squash Saute for lunch. The packaging of these containers make it so easy to take your food with you. You just follow the directions on the label and put in the oven, it's that easy. 

 For dinner on Day 1 of the plan, the recipe is Moussaka with Zucchini. This is delicious. So much flavor and spice in every bite. Moussaka is a Traditional Greek dish. The Studio Kitchen's Paleo version has Grass Finished Beef, onions, pumpkin, spices, zucchini, eggs, and a white sauce of coconut milk and arrrowroot flour. Yum

Day 2

It's Monday. I love today's menu. Check out how easy it is to follow this plan! It takes some planning to get to this point if you are doing it on your own. Trust me, I've gone that route of making my own meal plan for the week. That's one reason The Studio Kitchen's plan is so amazing. You get  a handy document that tells you what to eat for all your meals plus the prepared meals for the week all delivered in nifty packaging.  Notice how it even tells you what to remove from the freezer and thaw out for later. #mindless #simplicity at its finest. 
Breakfast: Eggs with Green Apple Sausage- I sautéed two patties on a skillet and scrambled two eggs. 
 

I work in an office and tend to eat breakfast and lunch at my desk. We have a refrigerator and microwave so it's easy to bring my food and reheat it. 

Lunch: Baked Lemon Chicken and Green Bean Almandine. This was really tasty.
I love the crunch of the almonds and the lemony flavor from the baked chicken. It is also super convenient that everything you need is included. Even the coconut oil is stored in a small plastic container along with a separate bag for the salt, so even if you are not a cook and don't keep your kitchen stocked with the basics, you will be good. Simply follow the program and toss the included ingredients into your skillet. 



Dinner: Chicken Stew and Kale Salad.  The recipe says to place the vegetables in a crockpot, cover with chicken and cook in the slow cooker. I just bought an InstantPot for myself as a Christmas gift so have been using that in place of a slow cooker.  I downsized from a house to a condo so needed to get a smaller slow cooker anyways. When I learned about the multi use Instant Pot, mine is a 7 in 1, I thought it would be perfect. So far, so good. I've used it to make breakfast casserole, chili, even crisp bacon. I am still a newbie, so put everything in the InstantPot, put it on the stew setting and set the timer to cook for 40 minutes. This is a healthy delicious mix of boneless/skinless chicken thighs, carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes, celery, green onions, organic chicken broth and spices.  It is perfect! The chicken is so tender and this was full of flavor.                                                The Kale Salad is one of my favorite salads of all time. I love that it all comes bagged together with an green apple and radishes. I use my Pampered Chef apple corer and slicer first, then chop it into smaller pieces. Slice the radishes, massage your Kale leaves and toss in the tasty dressing. Super clean and refreshing, like a good salad should be. 

I took the Bone Broth, Enchilada Soup, and Shrimp "Fried Rice" out to the freezer and moved them to the refrigerator to thaw.

Day 3

Breakfast- Since this plan is portioned to include three servings, we have leftovers. That makes preparing the next day's meals even easier and so convenient since the food is already cooked.
Today I had Sausage Quiche with Butternut Squash that I made on Day 1. It still tastes fantastic.
My husband ate eggs with green apple sausage.



Lunch was an easy fix. Just add oil, spices, onion, shrimp, and veggies into the skillet. Scramble some eggs and you have delicious Shrimp Fried Rice.                     




Dinner was fast and easy which is always appreciated on a Tuesday.  I met up with friends after work. We shared some small plate appetizers and I avoided the cocktails and stuck to good ol water. 
I came home and worked out and reheated leftovers from previously cooked meals. We each had 1/2 the bacon meatloaf and 1/2 the Moussaka .
To get ready for tomorrow, I took out the following from the freezer - Pulled Pork, West African Stew, Italian Stuffed Bell Peppers, and the Meatballs with Spinach & Coconut Cream Sauce. I portioned out my food so it's ready to go for Wednesday.

Day 4

My lunch bag was full when I left home this morning.
I went to yoga practice early before meeting a friend for coffee. 



















For breakfast I packed Bone Broth with a branless muffin.These muffins are made with
Organic Pumpkin Seeds, Sesame Seeds,Organic Sunflower Seeds, dates, Organic Coconut Flour, Baking Soda, REAL Salt, Organic Flaxseed Meal, Eggs, Coconut Oil, Raisins and are filling and delicious. 

The Bone Broth is flavorful and soothing. Especially on a cold rainy morning like it was today. Benefits of Broth: Gut health, Joint health, good skin, immune support, and it's high in protein. 


Lunch- I had the remaining chicken stew and kale salad. I went on a nice 4 mile walk with my fam then came home and easily made the Enchilada Soup. The included instructions are for cooking this in a slow cooker.
 I used the InstantPot and this was ready within 30 minutes. From freshly thawed out boneless chicken thighs to super tender, shredded chicken in such a short amount of time is incredible. The soup was sooo good.

You also eat the best Baked Kale Chips you've ever tried. I've made my own before but they never came out as good as this.

Making Enchilada Soup 





Day 5

These meatballs are made with spinach and a coconut/sweet potato cream sauce. You just bake it in the oven the night before and portion out your 5 meatballs and put the rest back in the fridge. 
Breakfast - Grass finished meatballs (Paleo/Whole30/GF)

Lunch- Pop's Pulled Pork with Brussel Sprouts with Cauli "Gnocchi"

You can always swap it for dinner too if that is easier. Plus I think the Brussel Sprouts taste best when you eat them immediately and not reheated in a microwave.

First take the ball of dough and break it into even pieces and form balls. That is what I found to be the easiest ways to make the "gnocchi"
Carefully use a slotted spoon and boil them. I then transferred to a plate and dried them with a paper towel to remove some of the water from them. Then placed them in a pan with coconut oil to fry them.  They will get brown and crispy. Add Brussel Sprouts and cook for about 5 minutes. 

For the Pulled Pork, it is already cooked so you simply reheat in the oven for 20 minutes. About 7 minuets before the timer I pulled the dish out and poured the included Texas BBQ sauce over the meat and stirred in, recovered and put back in the oven. 




Pulled Pork is a perfect protein to go with your vegetarian side. 


Day 6

Friday breakfast each person eats either Eggs with Bacon or Meatballs with Spinach and coconut cream sauce 
 













Lunch - Italian Stuffed Bell Peppers made with Organic Beef and Green Bean Casserole. Both of these dishes come in a foil container that you put in the oven and bake, then take out and enjoy. These dishes taste amazing. 












Dinner: Two choices to choose from. 
You get  to reheat the enchilada soup and Kale Chips and the other person can eat Pops Pulled Pork with Brussel 
Sprouts. 










Day 7

Breakfast- Delicious 'brainless' muffins, you can have one or two or even save one for a snack later in the day. I like to warm mine in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Lunch- Chicken & Vegetable Soup. Just grab a saucepan and pour the soup in to heat. It's hearty with chunky pieces of chicken and loaded with vegetables. Each person can eat half of this soup, it makes two servings. Serve with the sweet potato nuggets. 
These are already handcut and comes with a portion of coconut oil that you will need to melt. Then add the cinnamon and spices (included) and bake. It's great!


I was really blown away at how good the West African Stew & Coconut Lime "Rice" tastes. So much flavor in this dish that is savory and warming.
The stew has Onions, Fresh Ginger,Minced Garlic,Coriander, Bay Leaf, REAL Salt, Pepper
Organic Diced Tomatoes,Boneless/Skinless Chicken Thighs, Organic Raw Sunflower Seeds, and Vanilla. 
The cauliflower comes already riced. You just heat on the stove with the included coconut oil. Then add the contents from the portion cup over it. This sauce is made with Coconut Milk, Coconut Oil, Fresh Cilantro, Lime Juice and Honey. 
The two dishes together makes for a great meal. 

 


This is also a dinner meal that one person can eat the Stew or choose to eat the leftover Italian Stuffed Bell Pepper with Green Bean Casserole from Day 6 lunch. 


Our new box for week 2 was delivered!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Studio Kitchen's 28 Day Paleo Program - Food for 2 delivered.

Flipping Excited to offer this AMAZING Gift

How do I Customize my Shakeology Home Direct?