The Studio Kitchen's 28 Day Paleo Program - Food for 2 delivered (Days 8-14)

Day 8 
Breakfast: Organic Eggs & Bacon (Nitrite & Nitrate Free) is a common go-to for breakfast. So it's nice to have a familiar staple still included with this program. In our box there is a half dozen eggs and a baggy with raw bacon. To cook the bacon, I line a baking sheet with foil and bake it at 350 for about 20 minutes. Midway through I remove the baking sheet and dispose of the grease then I put the bacon back in the oven. 

Lunch: Don't wait until you are hungry to start making your lunch. While it is oven ready, the Wholesome meatloaf does need to be cooked in the oven for 60 minutes. The side dish is Parsnip Mash which also needs to bake for 20 minutes. So you can add the parsnip dish to the oven the last 20 minutes of  bake time for the meatloaf and it will be timed perfect. 


The meatloaf is so good for you too. It is made with onions, green Bell Pepper, Organic Minced Garlic, Coconut Oil, Grass Finished Ground Beef, grass Finished Beef Liver, Mushrooms,Organic Coconut Flour,Eggs, Cumin and Paprika. 

 

 

Dinner 
Chicken with Mushroom Basil Coconut Cream Sauce You only need one skillet for this meal. Simply salt and pepper the included three chicken breasts.
Heat coconut oil in the skillet and cook the chickens. I personally do not like mushrooms so instead of using the included cream sauce, I seasoned with Tandori spices 
Remove the chicken and add the contents from the Cauliflower "Rice Pilaf". This has a mixture of chopped apricots, raisins, onions, garlic, cumin, cinnamon and Real salt and pepper. After that sautes, add the riced cauliflower. 





Day 9
Breakfast:
Salmon patties
I was worried that this would not be enough food but I was wrong. Even after a morning workout and being really hungry (like I always am in the morning) I could barely eat two cakes.  They are made with canned wild caught pink salmon, eggs, almond flour, parsley, green onions and spices.  They are already cooked so all you have to do is heat them up and add some of the homemade Tartar Sauce on top.

Lunch 
Chicken Spaghetti Squash with Veggies Stir Fry  

 I loved the green beans so much, I put a serving in with the spaghetti squash and had the vegetables as a snack. Included is Broccoli, Cauliflower,Carrots,Coconut Oil and a gluten free seasoning packet. 








Dinner
Pineapple Bacon Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Root Veggies
While making the pork tenderloin, I goofed and put the pineapple on too early. But that's okay. It still came out great. You can even put this on the grill if you wish. You want the internal temperature to reach 150 degrees. The directions say to cook for 35-40 minutes, but the internal temperature was not to 150 yet, so I increased the temperature to 400 and let it cook an additional 20 minutes. This also crisped the bacon nicely. 
Plus the oven needed to be increased to 400 for the root vegetables which I also added to the oven for the last part of the pork cooking.


I love Roasted Root Vegetables. I first got turned on to this recipe when I did Beachbody's 21 Day Ultimate Reset. I melted the coconut oil a little and added to the freezer bag to coat before laying them on the baking sheet. The vegetables included are red potatoes, rutabaga, turnips, parsnips and carrots. While ghee has a high smoke point and can be roasted, I didn't think about adding it till later so after I removed the vegetables from the oven, I stirred in Tin Star's Brown Butter Ghee. I love this and it's 100% lactose-free and casein-free clarified butter that is full of vitamins & nutrients too. I also stirred in the included curry sauce that compliments this so well. The sauce is made with coconut milk, curry powder, fresh ginger, and limes.  So good!


Day 10

Breakfast
Leftover food for breakfast which is great. There is plenty of food and the portions are a good size, so it's good to get the chance to clean the fridge.
I enjoyed the Salmon patties and my husband made Eggs and Bacon...YUM

Lunch
Tortillaless Soup & Kale Salad.
This was easy to prepare the night before. The soup is made with an organic chicken stock, tomatoes, onion, cilantro and some chunky pieces of boneless skinless All Natural breasts. 





















As I 
started to make the salad, I walked over to the sink, habitually thinking I had to rinse the leafy greens. Nope. This is so easy. It's already washed and cut when you get it. In the freezer bag is Kale for 3, a green apple, a few radishes and a lemon/olive oil dressing. I take out the apple, radishes, and dressing and I massage the kale in the bag. I use my Pampered Chef apple corer and then chop the slices into 3 smaller pieces. I slice the radishes. I drizzle the dressing over. It's great! I had some other things in my fridge that I needed to use so I actually added 1/2 red bell pepper, sunflower seeds, fresh mint, and scallions (green onions) to the salad. I put my portion in a bowl so I could pack for work. I left the other half in the Ziplock bag for my husband. 

Dinner: Tonight we had leftover Chicken with Cauliflower Pilaf and the Wholesome Meatloaf with Parsnip Mash. Monday nights I organize a Meetup workout group so I get home late and hungry. It was so convenient to already have the food ready so we could finish Game of Thrones. It took us 4 years to watch it, because I don't sit down much, but we finally got through it. 

To prepare for Day 11, I am cooking the Pop's Beef Stew in the Instant Pot (40 minutes) this will be breakfast. Also, take out the chicken cacciatore, sausage patties with sweet potato mash, chicken with lemon & Capers & Turkey Meatloaf out of the freezer and put in your fridge.

Day 11

Beef Stew for Breakfast! It is warm and hearty and full of protein and good vitamins. It's a great way to start the day and was so easy to make.






Lunch
Each person eats one of the following Chicken Spaghetti Squash  or Pineapple Bacon Pork Tenderloin and Roasted Root Veggies. I went with the Pork and Veggies. I couldn't even finish my serving. I also drink Shakeology everyday which is filling, especially for a shake. Keeping up with the portion sizes for all the meals and adding Shakeology keeps me full. I am never hungry on this program. There is always something ready to eat and it's good to know that it is healthy and made with quality ingredients.

That is something you really miss out on if you do a Blue Apron or Hello Fresh. Having local, organic, grass-fed, premium ingredients is important.  I've tried other delivery services but we eat grain-free and organic when we cook at home and I haven't found any other service that offers a truly Paleo/Sugar Free/ Gluten Free or even close to Whole 30 approved so this is truly one of a kind.

It was another one of those weeknights, like I am sure you can all relate to. Work, Traffic, Happy Hour, Errands, by the time you get home you are beat. Luckily one less thing on our mind was what would be for dinner. It is such a relief! We easily made this chicken cacciatore on the skillet. The Brussel Sprouts are the best. I love to eat them, but they are sometimes tricky to prepare. The Studio Kitchen's Brussel Sprouts come already chopped and prepared with the coconut oil and seasonings all ready. You just add it all to the skillet and cook for about 8-10 minutes until they brown and crisp. 

We removed the Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs, Branless Muffins and Chocolate Chili from the freezer and put in the fridge so it will be thawed for the second part of our week.
This is so convenient. This is a MAJOR time saver not having to meal plan, grocery shop, or dirty the kitchen with extra chopping and cutting. Loving it!

Day 12
The sausage patties and sweet potato was are so good. It makes a great paleo breakfast.
Protein and Carbs makes for a perfect start to the day. With some Black Tea to drink, I was enjoying my morning. 
For lunch I made the Chicken with Lemon and Capers, but I omitted the capers. The lemon juice and Organic free range chicken stock is in a portion cup and the capers are in a separate portion cup. I put the almond flour mixture, made with Almond Flour, Black Pepper
and Paprika on a plate. I coated the chickens with the almond flour mixture then cooked the chicken in a skillet in some avocado oil. The side dish is herbed squash sauté made with squash and zucchini. 




You just bake the meatloaf. The green beans are easily prepared on the stove top with coconut oil and almonds for a quick side. These are delicious!


Day 13 
Breakfast each person eats one of the leftover dishes. The two options are 
Pop's Beef Stew and Sausage Patties with Sweet Potato Mash. 

 There are boneless, skinless, natural chicken thighs with smokey spices on top and wrapped in bacon. 
The potatoes taste great and smell amazing while cooking. Wash the baby new potatoes toss in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper, top with the sprigs of fresh rosemary, and wrap in the included parchment paper & roast. 
Dinner 
                                                          Each person eats one of the leftover options
Chicken cacciatore with Sautéed Brussels Sprouts or Chicken with Lemon and capers & Herbed Squash Saute. 
Day 14

Today we had the remaining “Branless” Muffins – We had one in the morning then the second as a mid-morning snack.

Lunch 
I love this dish! The Chocolate Chili is so tasty. We added a nice healthy fat on top, avocado!! The chili comes completely prepared in a tall plastic container. Pour it all into a saucepan and heat, I like mine to simmer for about 5 minutes then I served it into two bowls. If you buy your own ingredients to make this at home, you are going to spend a lot more money on things like Grass Fed Beef, Organic Garlic, Organic Diced Tomatoes and Beef Stock, plus all the spices. I am always for making your own food at home, but when this is the exact same thing (nothing added & fresh too) It makes sense to buy this already made. Plus you don't have to dirty your kitchen. You will just need to wash the one saucepan and you can put the bowls and spoons in the dish washer.. YES ALL DAY!





Each person gets to eat ½ of the container and they go really good with this chili. 
Dinner 
Each person eats one of the choices below:
Turkey Meatloaf & Green Bean Almandine – Pictured above for Day 12 Dinner.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs & Rosemary Garlic Potatoes – from Day 13 lunch. 
SaveSave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Studio Kitchen's 28 Day Paleo Program - Food for 2 delivered.

Flipping Excited to offer this AMAZING Gift

How do I Customize my Shakeology Home Direct?