My biggest takeaways

Do you know how much your family spends on food and groceries each month
We were spending anywhere between $1200-$1,800 for 2 of us. 
That might sound high, but if you really take the time to look at your budget, you might be surprised to find what your spend is. We don't eat fast food or buy snacks like chips or packaged products, so if you do, you are probably spending even more than this. 
Then if you factor in your restaurant tabs and alcohol.. you get the point. 

When you also factor in the TIME spent pinning recipes, making shopping lists๐Ÿ“, meal planning, grocery shopping, cooking, chopping, and cleaning, it adds up to a lot of your time๐Ÿ•’. 

I believe that it is a good practice to buy your own groceries locally and spend time preparing your food. It really makes you appreciate the food that nourishes our bodies.
 ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿณ๐Ÿฅ’ I have done Beachbody's 21 Day Ultimate Reset twice now that program is the best way to actually reset your body at a molecular level back to the pure state your body was in at birth. You eat completely clean and prepare all of your food and really discover a new relationship to the foods you shop for, wash, chop, slice, and cook. That hands on experience is part of the program, but as you can imagine is very time consuming. I always offer that disclaimer to everyone I talk to about the Reset. You will feel amazing and lose weight in the process, but you need to have the time commitment required to complete it. 

I know how challenging preparing your own meals can be if you are someone who is always going full speed. So you find what works for you and your family and do the best you can to manage your time, money, and health. ๐Ÿ—

We found The Studio Kitchen to help us. When life is too busy to meal plan, cook, and eat healthy we rely on their service and it's been so convenient not having to shop, think about what to prepare or constantly be cleaning the kitchen. And our food bill, for a month of food dropped to less than $1080. Check out some of the delicious food we've been eating in my earlier blog posts.  Please share your comments below with your tips or ways that you save time planning your healthy meals. 

For me, doing this program really isn't about weight loss. If eating Paleo is new to you, if eating 3 nutritious meals a day is also new to you then I do believe that you will lose weight when you complete this 28 day program. I was already eating well-balanced meals and similar ingredients to everything I ate on this plan, so for me it was more about maintaining my weight, which is exactly what happened. 

We all have our various "Why's" and motivation for doing something. I wanted to spend less time in the kitchen so that I could do other things that are important to me and this goal was accomplished. I didn't have to step foot into a grocery store for 4 weeks, I didn't have to spend hours each week planning out what my meals would be and then time in the kitchen, washing, chopping, cooking, and cleaning. We are going to buy several of our favorite dishes from The Studio Kitchen to keep on hand for days when we are too busy to make healthy meals. Knowing how much money and time we save by relying on their services is all the reason we need and the bonus is that it's all food we would make for ourselves anyways. Why wouldn't we take advantage of a local business offering to do the hard work for us??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Studio Kitchen's 28 Day Paleo Program - Food for 2 delivered.

How do I Customize my Shakeology Home Direct?

Flipping Excited to offer this AMAZING Gift